Why Use a Travel Agent+
1. We Were There for Our Clients When the World Shut Down – If you had a trip booked in 2020 without a travel agent, you may need no further convincing. When the unbelievable happened, hold times were hours long as even the suppliers were trying to figure out how to handle it. How about the non-refundable tickets we purchased? Were Alaska cruises happening? Travel agents spent those hours on the phones for our clients. We were the ones fighting for our clients to make sure that our clients were taken care of, and in some cases, we were the ones behind some of the policy changes when the old ones didn’t make sense.
2. It’s Literally Our Job to Keep Up with Travel Restrictions – Travel restrictions are still changing, almost daily. If you are ready to travel, we can help you figure out what you need to do before, during, and after. What kind of masks are acceptable? We can tell you. Do I need a COVID-19 test before and after? We are in the know because we need to be, and we work to make sure we stay that way.
3. We Can Help You Make Decisions – Some planning decisions aren’t as easy as they once were. Should you pay for your Cruise in full even though it may not happen? There are definitely reasons why you might want to, and we can help you think through whether it’s best for your situation. Should you risk buying flights? We understand the ever-changing airline policies and can help advise you on those as well. Does all travel insurance cover a pandemic? It most certainly does not, and we can help you find the best one for you. You’ve got questions, we know that. We’ve got answers, because we do this all day everyday.
4. We’ve Experienced What We Can – Some of us have been able to travel safely to experience the safety precautions that are currently in place. We’ve taken those experiences, learned from them, and shared with our colleagues who can’t travel yet. We can tell you what the islands, or resorts, airports, is really like right now. Not only do our travels keep us informed, we are constantly training and researching. We’ve probably attended more webinars and training sessions during this time than ever before. We never stop learning. We’re not guessing when we answer your questions. We’ve done it, or when it isn’t possible, we’ve researched or have been where you want to go.
5. We Know People – We have built up relationships with vacation suppliers. We know where to go and who to talk to when we need to get things done. That old saying "It's who you know" is so so true.
6. We Personalize Service – You aren’t just a name and credit card to us. We get to know you and ask you questions and help you make the best decision for you. We commonly become lifelong friends with our clients.
7. We Save You Time – We give you the gift of time. No need to spend hours researching (unless you want to of course); we do this everyday.
8. We May Save You Money – We may have access to some promotions that you can’t get when you’re booking direct. If you’re cruising, we often have onboard credits to help you out with a little spending money onboard. We have group rates for travel, and special offers that some suppliers only offer to travel agents. When there are multiple specials out for a destination, we’ll check them all to see what’s best for you.
9. We Are Your Way to Support Small Businesses/Shop Local – When you book local you are supporting a small business. Be sure they are licensed with the state, and has a website.
10. We Are Free to You* – Many travel agencies don’t charge you extra for their services. It’s the exact same price to book through them or book direct. We are paid by the resort, cruise line, or hotel, our commission is already in the price of your trip. If you pay directly you are paying a fee for a service you are not receiving.